Our client is a market leader in chemical and ingredients distribution. With a strong global footprint, this progressive company combines a global network with outstanding local execution making it the industry’s most effective and preferred channel to market for its partners.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our client’s team as an External Account Manager for Food & Beverage based in the Auckland Office.
Reporting to the Business Manager ANZ, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned customers, facilitating the development and growth of new and existing customers and product opportunities, leveraging all communication channels including digital resources. You will be results driven, have strong solutions-based selling skills and the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Manage and maintain an existing customer portfolio
- Develop potential customers, products and market opportunities
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Maintain strong customer relationships and provide value added technical guidance and support
- Identify, quantify and convert opportunities within our industry segment
- Prepare and calculate accurate costs and profit projections
- Undertake meaningful forecasting and budget reporting
- Create and maintain Territory Plans and effective CRM reporting
- Initiate and execute projects to facilitate business growth and maintain profit targets
- Work closely with the Food Technologist to innovate and develop new products
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in a Sales/Account management role within the Food & Nutrition sector
- Tertiary qualified in Food Sciences, chemistry, or related discipline
- Proven track record of sales experience with knowledge of account management
- Results orientated with strong solution-based selling skills
- Must have a best practice continuous improvement and customer excellence mindset
- An agile, highly collaborative, and early adopter mindset
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
- Digitally savvy, self-motivated, ability to prioritise and take initiative, strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships; build credibility and trust with internal stakeholders and customers
- Ability to travel as required for customer visits
Their culture is driven by their values of Safety First, Leadership & Accountability, Employee Involvement & Ownership, Commitment to Excellence, Integrity & Responsibility, Value Creation for Partners. These values are the backbone to their success and help create an inclusive and supportive workplace.
They value diversity and look to create an environment where people want to work, feel supported and empowered to do their best work and can realise their full potential.
You will be rewarded with:
- Being part of a highly recognised global brand name and growth organisation
- A competitive remuneration and benefits package including Tool of Trade vehicle, phone, laptop, insurance benefits and incentive program
- Ongoing career and development opportunities including individual development, on-the-job training and development programs designed to grow and develop a successful career
To apply – email resume to [email protected]